New Hope Pit Bull Rescue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golda's 1st Christmas

3 posters

Go down

Golda's 1st Christmas Empty Golda's 1st Christmas

Post  Golda's stepmom Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:00 pm

All I can say, you have no idea how much I have come to love this dog!!!! I always thought of myself as a cat person.....must have been my previous life.

I know, I know, I need to get pictures to post so you can see what a happy dog Golda is.

She had a wonderful 1st Christmas. She is in a home that loves her. She has playmates, both feline and canine. She has food on a regular basis. She is loved.

My son, Adam, came the week before Christmas and fell in love with Golda. He is now in the process of trying to buy a home because he wants to adopt her. I was almost certain that he was going to try to sneak her out of the house to take her back to Delaware with him! He is totally infatuated with her and from what I understand, he now monitors NHPBR to check on her.

But Christmas morning, as I have digressed, was great to watch her. As normal, Golda was the last one up (she is not a morning doggie). But when the gang had gone outside for their morning romp, had their cookies, it time for the 4 of them to open their stocking. Santa had brought them bones!!! All four puppies waited their turn to recieve their gift. All were happy and three left to bury/hide their bones. Not Golda. She promptly sat down and started gnawing to her hearts content. Now mind you, with only half a lip, this is quite a picture. But she was one happy puppy and I believed she was actually grinning the whole time. I cannot tell you the joy that I felt in seeing such a happy dog. My other dogs are happy, don't get me wrong. But they have always been happy. You can really see the joy in Golda's face and the wagging of her tail and know that she is truly happy and grateful. It is amazing. And that is what Christmas is about.

Golda's stepmom

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Golda's 1st Christmas Empty Re: Golda's 1st Christmas

Post  lpyrbby Mon Dec 29, 2008 11:03 pm

Yay for Golda! She so deserves to have as many bones as she so desires bless her heart. Awesome girl Smile Of course, there really are no good words that mean enough to describe her. Thank YOU for sharing Christmas goodies with her!

And isn't it funny what dogs will "make" people do when they are that drawn to them? And people look at some of us funny for being flat out willing to uproot ourselves for our dogs. People do that when they really and truly LOVE their dogs. Good luck Adam!
lpyrbby
lpyrbby

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-12-09

http://www.nhpbr.org

Back to top Go down

Post  DiamondTiger Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:51 am

Oh Muh Gawsh! I swear I got all teary eyed reading your post about our sweet Goldie Fawn. Very Happy She is SUCH an amazing girl! And it is truly awesome how a rescue dog really does seem to show just how grateful they are for the second chance they've been given isn't it?

In my experience with every dog that's ever come into my life and home... the ones that have been saved from pure h3ll ALWAYS seem to boast their "Thank You's!" It's like you can hear them thinking... "This is for me? Really? I can have it? You mean I can lick you and lay her beside you and I'm not gonna get in trouble? OH I LOVE THIS! THANK YOU!!! dance "

Thank you for sharing your heart and home with our Golda. And good luck to your son in buying his home. Very Happy
DiamondTiger
DiamondTiger

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2008-12-13

http://www.nhpbr.org

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum