New Hope Pit Bull Rescue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How To Make Your Dog Vomit

3 posters

Go down

How To Make Your Dog Vomit Empty How To Make Your Dog Vomit

Post  lpyrbby Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:03 pm

**Borrowed from another forum**

FIRST: IF IN DOUBT, CALL YOUR VET. There are some poisons / items that are best left in the dog. Inducing vomiting could cause further damage in some cases. Most vets will tell you over the phone to induce vomiting or not.

In the case of ibuprophen it always a 'make them vomit', as the longer the pills sit in the stomach the higher the risk for gastric ulcers and/or renal damage.

If you just watched your dog gulp down a pair of underware or a rat (and you know who you are!) and you'd like them to return them to you, follow the simple steps outlined below!

1. Feed the dog a nice big bowl of food so it has some extra 'stuff' to throw up. In the case of pills this makes it more probable that that all of the pills will come up. In the case of other nasty stuff, it gives the dog more volume to help things come up easier (important when you need to get bones or plastic to come up)

2. Use a medicine dropper - sold at any pharmacy for giving kids medicine - to give the dog 1 tablespoon of hydrogen peroxide. Three teaspoons = 1 tablespoon. Hold the dog's mouth open and stick the dropper in their throat, then hold the dog's mouth shut to force them to swallow.

3. Back up and wait.

You MUST have 'fresh' hydrogen peroxide for this. To test your HP, put a little in your mouth, it should fizz immediately. If not go get a new bottle. The HP will fizz when it hits the dog's stomach, your dog may foam at the mouth for a bit and vomit a little. DO NOT bring your dog in after the first 'spit up'. Until they have really heaved a few times they are not done. It can take about 15 minutes. If they have not vomited in that time, give another tablespoon of HP.

Don't let the dog eat or drink for a few hours or they may vomit it up again. I let Ruby drink and vomit a few times to clear the bad taste out, so we just stayed in the yard for an hour or so.

Be prepared for lots of dirty looks from your dog.
lpyrbby
lpyrbby

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-12-09

http://www.nhpbr.org

Back to top Go down

How To Make Your Dog Vomit Empty Re: How To Make Your Dog Vomit

Post  Golda's stepmom Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:18 am

I know this works.......table salt.

One of my dogs ate a creosote stick once. I called the vet immediately. They said to take the dog outside before doing this, and they weren't kidding. Give the dog a tablespoon of table salt and stand back!! You will get instant vomit. Afterwards, make sure the have plenty of water (need I say more!?!?) and continue to monitor.

Golda's stepmom

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-12-15

Back to top Go down

Post  lpyrbby Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:47 am

This stuff is super valuable to know, especially with dogs that get into everything. My Deja can find a needle in a haystack!
lpyrbby
lpyrbby

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-12-09

http://www.nhpbr.org

Back to top Go down

How To Make Your Dog Vomit Empty kinda crazy

Post  Vittoamp Fri Dec 26, 2008 7:21 pm

When I was a vet-tech. we had this chemical... ugh I cant remember the name, its going to bug me... anyways you would put it in there eye and for some reason it made the dogs instantly vomit. Really crazy stuff. But I've always heard of HP to work pretty well. Never had to use it first hand though, thank god. That'd be a scary situation.
pale
Vittoamp
Vittoamp

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-12-25

http://www.myspace.com/Vittoamp

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: