New Hope Pit Bull Rescue
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Foster Homes

Go down

Foster Homes Empty Foster Homes

Post  lpyrbby Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:47 am

Obviously, we ALWAYS need foster homes! Here's a quick run down on what's required, what we provide, and how it benefits YOU Smile

What IS fostering? - A foster home is a temporary home in which our dogs and puppies can live like they are supposed to live – as our companions – until they are adopted. Foster homes provide a safe and loving environment for animals in our care that are either waiting for their new families to find them or while on any additional days of medication.

Why do you need foster homes? - Foster homes are needed because they are the only means of getting dogs out of shelters and similar situations where they face euthanasia. Pit Bulls and Pit Bull type dogs do NOT do well in shelter situations at all as they are very people oriented and social animals.

Will it cost me anything to foster? - Only the cost of a bag of food. New Hope Pit Bull Rescue provides all routine veterinary care and basic supplies. There may be situations where we receive food donations. These donations will be split up between foster homes. Any additional toys or treats that you would like for your foster dog will also come at your expense. New Hope Pit Bull Rescue will make EVERY attempt to split up donations of toys and treats to all foster homes for the benefit of the dogs.

Will the dog be trained? - This all depends on the individual dog. Most adult dogs have had some amount of training, but not all. Many dogs will need to be reminded of basic commands and house manners. Pit Bulls aim to please though and with proper guidance and structure, they're happy to comply!

What if I suck at training - We can provide you with PLENTY of resources to help guide you in the right direction. Additionally, we will make our best effort to meet with you periodically if you have specific questions or problems. Trained dogs find homes faster!

How long should I expect to be fostering a dog for? - No one can give you an accurate guesstimate on the length of time. Some dogs find placement quickly, while others take a little bit longer. If you feel you cannot commit to three months initially, please reconsider fostering.

What if I fall in love and want to adopt my foster dog? - GREAT! Even though it may be a little tough losing a foster home, we are not opposed to allowing a foster home to adopt one of our dogs. Why? Because that's one more into a forever home!
lpyrbby
lpyrbby

Number of posts : 87
Registration date : 2008-12-09

http://www.nhpbr.org

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum